Illinois State Law Work Permit Requirements
16 or older
- Proof of age: a birth certificate (original or certified), or a certificate of baptism
- Letter of intent from the employer
15 and under
- Letter of intent: a statement of intention to employ signed by the prospective employer, stating nature of work and approximate hours and number of days minor shall be employed each week
- Evidence of age: a birth certificate (original or certifed), or a certificate of baptism
- A statement of physical fitness, dated within the past year.
- Social Security Card.
- Parent/Guardian must be present.
Children under 14 may only work the following types of jobs:
- Umpire or referee sporting events.
- Performing in theatrical, motion picture, or broadcast productions.